Meeting up and painting with "DaGroup" tomorrow

I have been a lurker.  For months now, in this strange time when I haven't been painting, I've been living vicariously, in part, through the blog updates by the plein air painting members of "DaGroup" based in Benicia, California.  Their founding member is Jerrold Turner, an artist I've admired for quite a while for his energy-filled colorful works... and also admire his generosity in organizing this free paint-out group.

Tomorrow, I've cleared the decks so I can finally go paint with these guys and gals.  Very excited, both to meet them and to get the gears oiled a bit... I'm sure I'm rusty.

I'm pretty sure that periods of "laying fallow" and resting are good in some ways, but I also felt isolated from a creative group of people, so looking forward to remedying that.

We are painting at Larry's Farm Stand in Fairfield.  Sounds like it'll be ripe with possibilities, if you'll excuse the pun!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts