Bug on Piedmont Place

My poor dogs - with all the conference calls I've been on today, they have only had a quick walk around the block this morning.  Luckily, I stumbled on this great old VW bug on Piedmont Place and snapped a photo, which was fun to draw while I was listening to later conference calls.  (Don't worry, work people, I'm fully paying attention even if I'm drawing.  It's kinesthetic learning.)

Anyway, I like how this came out and am thinking I'll do other cool old cars in Point Richmond and have a little series here.  I love their shapes and capturing a bit of the streets around here too.  I especially love the funky perspectives when you have such steep hills - for example, notice the telephone pole coming out of the top of the bug?  That really existed!


Comments

Popular Posts